OUR COMPANY CULTURE
Boiler Room fosters a diverse and inclusive working culture and we ensure that everything we do is always in line with our manifesto. No matter our location, role or status within the company, we focus on working together to achieve the same vision.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse pool of talent who are unfazed by challenges and change, and thrives in a busy environment; experience and opportunities are our main currency.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As the Group Account Director you are responsible for overseeing our biggest retained client group account. You will lead the team on executing the deliverables of portfolio partnership, with a top-level view across all partnership components (events / content / broadcast / PR / marketing), constantly striving to drive efficiency and spot new opportunities with the partner.
The role requires you to manage 3 direct reports, plus work closely with all the other internal teams such as Production, Programming and Marketing.
You will need to establish high-level working relationships with other Heads of Departments to ensure that all teams are operating efficiently and all deliverables are on track to be reviewed internally with ample time before delivery to client.
Externally, you will be the key point person for both the client and any intermediary agencies, building and maintaining strong relationships to ensure the campaign meets, and exceeds, expectations across all touch points.
- Leading the planning, implementation & delivery on the lead account
- Helping define project scope, goals, deliverables & required resource
- Managing a team of project directors and project managers
- Delegating work amongst the team to ensure the efficient use of time and smooth delivery of all aspects of the project
- Drive exceptional key client relationships
- Overseeing the development of, and signing off, full scale project plans
- Assembling & coordinating necessary project staff and resource allocation (internal & external)
- Managing overall project budgets, allocating and interrogating all department budgets at all times to ensure all aspects of the campaign come in within budget
- Continually working with senior Commercial and Marketing representatives to ensure that all upsell opportunities are realised and actioned across the course of the campaign
- Ensuring all activity and output meets both partner and Boiler Room objectives and deadlines and hits agreed KPIs in terms of timing, budget and profitability levels
- Grow understanding of client’s wider business needs and insights and identify / lead on potential opportunities
- Assisting in all aspects of driving new sales - lead generation writing proposals, pitching new business
EXPECTATIONS (specific to your role)
- To always give our partners the best experience of Boiler Room
- To give SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) briefs for any requests from internal teams
- To bring projects in on budget
- To bring fresh thinking to your projects, always pushing for Boiler Room to be at the forefront of creative execution
- Aim to be best in class and build long term relationships with partners
- Able to relay wider business-related recommendations to senior management in structured and constructive manner
WORKING AT BOILER ROOM
- Demonstrable passion and understanding of the Boiler Room brand and vision
- Be focused and in line with achieving your department’s quarterly objectives
- Facilitate inter-departmental collaboration as well as supporting your team across a variety of projects with different timelines and urgency
- Be proactive
- Attend a variety of meetings, including project-specific stand-ups, weekly department planning and company-wide updates, managing your time wisely
- Be adaptable and ready to work in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in a personal development programme and peer review
- 8-10+ in a platform/brand/culture-focussed agency delivering Brand Partnerships
- Extensive experience in delivering campaigns in music and/or youth culture
- Comprehensive understand of social media platforms and algorithms
- Present and discuss ideas clearly, and to help translate concepts to the wider business in a detailed and methodical manner
- Exceptional client relations with proven track record of navigating difficult and high pressured scenarios
- Understanding of the music landscape & ability to educate stakeholders on the nuances
- Excellent computer proficiency, specifically Keynote, Microsoft Word & Excel and Google Drive
- Be a brand ambassador for Boiler Room; ensuring everything you do at Boiler Room is in line with our manifesto and vision
- Be open to feedback from your manager and peers to benefit personal/project development and learning
- To promote teamwork and ensure effective working relations and communication across the whole company
- Encourage a tolerant working environment and champion diversity within the workplace
In order to apply, please provide your CV and cover letter.
Closing Date: 6 January 2019